Monday 12 April 2010

Chicken or the Egg???


EGG UPDATE

I hope we have this...


and not this...



Wendy is still sitting tight on the eggs bless her.

For those of you who know about hens,
they will be Cochins.
Can you see the chicks feathery legs on the photo above?
When they're fully grown they are like giant feathery footballs,
you can't see much of their legs.
Very gentle and perfect for kids

They're due to hatch about Sunday.
I shall keep you posted!

If anyone lives close enough,
you're welcome to come and meet them.
 (will also be welcome to take them home with you!)


On a totally different subject...

DOROTHY UPDATE!!!

Bronte Barbe who was voted out last Sunday
is from my hometown.
She is in the 6th form at the local highschool
and her Mum is in the theatre group I am in.


Bronte... I don't think you will get to read this but I
am so very sorry you didn't get through,
I am also very sorry that I didn't vote for you.
You see...I can't....because, don't you know by now?

That...

I AM DOROTHY!!!

Love C. xxx

P.S.  Still time to sign up for the swap!
Em and I will be posting who is partnered with who at the weekend.





15 comments:

vintage mum said...

I love chickens and ducks sadly an unfriendly fox had my ducks for Dinner he even ate the baby.We all cried for weeks.looking forward to seeing your new arrivals
Cate x

Em said...

Chick chick chick chick, Chicken lay little chick for me!..x

Em said...

Oops, it should have said "a little chick for me" durr!
Hope you had a lovely weekend..x

VintageVicki said...

Look forward to see the chicks when they hatch.

I didn't think Bronte deserved to go home - thought she was one of the best Dorothys. It should have been Emilie going.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Ooh I want to come and watch!! But what's it they say... a watched egg never hatches?!?!?!

I was very sad to see Bronte go this week, I didn't think either deserved to be in the bottom 2!

Victoria x

Dawn said...

I'm so excited for you! So tempted to get some fertile eggs if one of my hens goes broody this summer.
Sad for Bronte too, she was one of the best, in my opinion.

melanie said...

Fingers crossed about the chicks. xxx :)

Vintage from the Village said...

I am looking foward to seeing your new chicks- good luck !
Sue xx

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Hope lots of chicks hatch for you - oohh itsn't it exciting waiting for those first little chip chip sounds as they try and break out.

Kissed by an Angel said...

I can't wait to see your new chicks!!!
xxxx

Maisey's Attic said...

Hi Claire - I'd be straight over if I lived closer!
Look forward to seeing the photos - xxx

Kelly said...

I'm scared of birds but love chicks! Can't wait to see your babies!

maryannlucy said...

Looking forward to meeting the new arrivals - keep us posted x

Taz said...

Awww I want a chick chick.

Louise said...

Fingers are crossed for lots of safe hatchings
Louise x