Thursday 18 March 2010

Somewhere over the rainbow....

Lions and Tigers and Bears!
OH MY!!!

Did my eyes just deceive me or have I just seen
a trailer for what looks like what could be my favourite
programme for the next couple of months????!!!!

I did I did I did
Whoop whoop!!!





I am Andrew's PERFECT DOROTHY



There is not an actress in the land who could be
more perfect for the role than I!!!

Pick me!
Pick me!
MEEEEEEEE!!!!



But alas....
It cannot be.

Too old ?
Too fat ?!!! hee hee
Too clever ???
(well, come on, bless her little cutie cotton white ankle socks,
Dot is a teeny bit dim at times)

But to be honest,
I have had my 15 mins of fame.

I used to be a bit of a local actress/comedienne in
Musicals and Pantomimes in the town where I live.
Singing, acting, dancing and playing the fool
was my main hobby for many many years.
Performing infront of many hundreds of people,
thousands over the course of a week.

And you know what?
I couldn't think of anything worse now.
Hee hee!

I love the fact that I don't have to learn pages and pages of dialogue.
Learn a dozen or more songs and dance routines in just 2 weeks.

I haven't pushed the boys into it,
and I am quite glad they're not in to it at all.

I have thousands of show photos that I guess
I should've scanned in and now be showing you.
Maybe another time.....
(too shy)

But for now......



I may have to go get myself a little doggy and have him audition
 as the next TOTO!

Yep!  They're even auditioning potential Totos.

Enjoy girls.

 Oh, if i'm not here for a while,
then go to the place
where my
troubles melt like lemon drops. 
That's where yooooou'll find meeeeeeeee!

Can you not tell,
 this is one of my all time favourite films in the
whole of the wide world?

Love Claire.
AKA Dorothy Gale
(the best)

(Even had a cat called Dorothy
 after Dorothy of course!)




8 comments:

jackanne said...

MAD MAD WOMAN!!I mean DOROTHY......HA HA.

MelMel said...

Happy weekend!xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I cannot wait for this! Alice and Oz are my favourite stories and they’re all over the place at the moment.

Victoria xx

Maisey's Attic said...

Hi claire - I wasn't surprised to hear you're a bit of an actress - get the photos out, would love to see them - I was involved in drama as well - always a stage manager. Hope you and the boys are having a good weekend - looks a bit rainy here today - xxx

Maisey's Attic said...

wow you're on a winning streak with the give aways!!

Nearly there Claire said...

Maisey, I haven't won another, not that I know of. Melmel has done a lovely giveway and the winner is another Claire, not me this time. LOL xxx

melanie said...

My mother in law will definitely be watching this. I am not that into musicals now, though I may give this programme a go, as I love this film. xxxx

jackanne said...

Hi Claire,Wont be long to Friday night bbc1 9 o clock,....hugs xx