Sunday 28 February 2010

I just love this...

Sunday evenings are so much better
 with this to look forward to...


Lark Rise to Candleford



Maybe some of you have never had the chance to watch this, one of my favourite programmes ever. 
What a shame, and for you who aren't keen, then whats wrong with you?!  It's fab!
The story is based upon a a small country town called Candleford,
and the neighbouring hamlet of Lark Rise. 



The characters are delightful, played by familiar actors.
I find that each episode is full to bursting with colour, something I find is always missing with period dramas.
 Now I may be wrong but I don't think I have ever watched an episode when it has rained. 
It's always sunny.


Each episode is based around an entry from young Laura's diary, and her look upon the lives and happenings of what goes on in this lovely area of the English countyside.  How relationships, progress and politics effect peoples lives no matter who they are or their status.
Maybe if Laura was around today, she wouldn't keep a diary, she'd be a blogger, who knows?


Lots of gorgeous scenery and costumes.



Even cakes and flowers!
Someone, each week it seems is baking or tending to gardens or crafts.

OH I JUST LOVE IT!

Thank you for letting me share that with you all!

Love C. X


5 comments:

Taz said...

Oh I do love a bit of Lark Rise to Candleford and tonights was really good. Nice to see Miss Pearl actually has a human side after all :)

Josie-Mary said...

I love this but must confess I'm really behind..... I have about 4 weeks on sky+. Must get round to watching it. I had the book for my birthday last year but haven't read it yet.
Yes I think Laura would be a blogger now :)

Jill said...

I haven't watched it so far maybe I'll have to give it a go.

Hugs RosieP x

Amanda said...

I've just found your Blog and love your good taste LOL this is one of my most favourite programmes too.

melanie said...

I love Lark Rise, it is my most favourite programme ever! I often re-watch them on dvd, I just love them. The book is fab too. xxx